Making Christian news more accessible online
National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) is the world’s largest association of Christian communicators. They provide our members with important resources and effective tools to help them reach their mission goals.
To do this, we audited the websites to what is being done well and where there needs to be improvement. This is what we found:
- The current WordPress theme restricted their ability to have full control and creative freedom.
- Over the course of time, several plugins were installed that were no longer in use or unnecessary. This slowed down their website.
- Images were not optimized.
- There was not an SEO strategy.
After our audit, we worked closely with their IT Coordinator and Communications Assistant to create a strategy to improve their brand and user experience.
As a result:
- We stayed with WordPress and rebuilt the site using the Divi theme for scalability. Divi allows the NRB communications team to have full control of their website content and design.
- We used the Divi Module Builder, Advanced Custom Fields, and custom post types to display news in a grid that is easier on the eye of the reader without compromising the quality of the content.
- We used SEMRush to determine the keywords they should be targeting and optimized their content accordingly.
We continue to work with NRB to evolve the websites with new features and content so that their brand experience continues to grow and strengthen.